Its been an odd few days i went to my first music festival it was all free and was around Sheffield had to do loads of walking very hilly Sheffield lol caught Craig David not my cup of tea but he was alright cant half dance think he may have been miming to most of the tracks lots of covers .also caught focus an old folk or rock group from Holland bit weird especially www.youtube.com./watch?v=RFDW9b_ejfI
that was in 19.73 even worse today but sounded grate .
caught a couple of local bands not exactly the artic monkeys long way to go
but the best was saved till last me and Alan went to see echo and the bunnymen Liverpool band in the 80s I hadn't herd allot of them only what Alan has told me . lead singer Ian McCullough had a fantastic voice chain smoked throughout the set so smoking is good for you in some ways.
YouTube - Echo and the Bunnymen-Lips Like Sugar
ended with this then came back again
been working touring all over the world for the past year or so a proper festival band .borrowing Alans CDs of them decided to do a poll will post it sometime soon
thanks for reading
G-Star never heard of Craig Davis - prob check him out later.
ReplyDeleteFocus I remember that song coming out in Australia - interesting bit of yodelling - they certainly can play.
The only Echo and the Bunnymen song released in Australia that I remember was Killing Moon - but I must say I enjoyed your selection.As much as I hate to say it I'm a smoker and it def hasn't helped my voice - hang on while I roll a smoke hehe - I think Ian is lucky and it hasn't effected him yet.
Enjoyed your post as always thanks Stef
ps don't really know how to vote on your question of young bloggers - my personal thought are that they follow some sort of safety procedure - the most important one is to remain anonymous - the part I always find sad is there are always a few bad people that stuff it up for the ones that really care.