octog

octog
email me northernlifegstar11@gmail.com

Saturday, 11 September 2010

to the rescue

not sure if I have mentioned this but I live in a little village it`s dead most of the time only excitement some times is some mad dog chasing its tail.
Anyway this morning I was on my bike with Ben first real exercise iv`e had in about a week LOL




As we were riding near to the local shop theirs only one in the whole village by the way  anyway as we were riding past we noticed a young cyclist was just leaving the shop and this green car comes flying around the corner way to fast without signalling and clips the side of the youths bike..


Ben saw it all happen as i was concentrating on the road also had my  ipod on so Ben had to stop me to tell me what he saw so we went over to see if the cyclist was ok  also we noticed that the car had just driven off  when we got to the cyclist we found that it was a girl  and Ben had seen her before at school in a lower year  and she was on conscious looks like her head had hit a tree she was passing when she came off her bike her name was Debbie we found out later . So Ben was panicking a bit as she wasn`t moving also her nose was bleeding I decided to call an ambulance as well as checking for breathing  but didn't risk moving her first aid training from school and work paid off             
by this time some people had come out the shop also people going in had gathered someone had recognised her knew where she lived and soon a hysterical mother and granny had arrived somebody was on the phone to emergency services telling me what to do Ben then noticed that the car that had caught the girl had returned  so I told him to ask someone to write down the number plate but dint make a big fuss before it drives off again it soon did Debbie soon began coming round after i was asked to breath for her as i pinched her nose and blow into her mouth check her pulse listening for her breathing was a huge relief when she responded and began crying which set her mum off again I was asked not to let her move  ask her to remain still and keep her talking  even her dad came with the dog that helped her allot also calmed her mother down .the ambulance took forever to get to us from Sheffield been told that Debbie had a broken leg and fractured  cheek bone but she`s  ok got a few days in hospital and both me and Ben had to give police statements about what we  saw . 


ME and Ben are now regarded as local hero`s as i sed nothing happens round hear much lol takes something like this to get  everyone gossiping 
Ben is loving this he`s told all his friends already .


mum she went ape shit not at us but at the driver who hit her she wants them strung up by the balls or tits but I  think she`s  proud of both of us 
deep down.;)




















































    

3 comments:

  1. Your mom is not the only one proud of you and Ben, I am too. You did a great job of helping the young lady out in her time of need. It sounds like you literally breathed the breath of life back into her. I'll bet she will be thanking you personally when she has recovered sufficiently. Good job! You can be proud of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G-Star I would have to agree with Brian and your mum - def didn't turn out a quiet boring day for Ben and you.
    I have used your first aid techniques to save a few foals - it's very effective.
    Take care Stef

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow thats amazing. Well done and congrats and hugs and loads of love. If I had a medal I would want to pin it on you a real life hero. WEll done

    ReplyDelete

comments are now moderated sorry