octog

octog
email me northernlifegstar11@gmail.com

Saturday, 2 April 2011

GETING TO KNOW YOU .

Yesterday we had a social evening at work basically it `s something everyone does every so often just go out together let our hair down a bit this is the first one I have gone to apart from the Christmas do ..Alan&Sam didn't go no money  we went to a sports bar in matlock was a bit nervous going  not knowing Meany there  but it went ok just mingled with people  Paula was there she even came and spoke to me  she looked a sight lol  everyone was drinking wine or cocktails  am  more a beer & chips person was only planing on staying a few hours stayed till the end just catching the last train home .Think I did well.

Ben has been helping out with at a local farm with the lambs he comes back covered in mud and stuff and stinks  he`s done this for the past few years Mark did it the first year but don't want get his hands dirty hes more a thinker  Ben's more practical its always been that way .

Finally the driving test I was dreading all this I past the practical good news there the theory test I needed to get 35-40 questioners right I got 37 so am happy with that just waiting for my licence from the DVLA   I now need to do a refresher test within 12 months of passing . Been looking at car`s  I have my heart set on
WV polo going on Monday to have a look at a place in Manchester .


7 comments:

  1. Hello Lee
    Congratulations on the driving test success - it's about a million years since I did mine (passed at the second attempt), but I can well remember how nerve-racking it was.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow well done Lee My cousin just Passed his too but it took 5 attempts and cost a pure fortune
    he got my uncles old car but it is Costing him £1950 to get insurance or you cant drive, it is half his wages to payfor it each month

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on passing your drivers test. Lots more freedom when you can just hop behind the wheel and GOOOOO!

    Please be careful (yeah, that's the old fart in my coming through). Don't need any more smashups and horror crashes being reported in the Daily News.

    Nice car, I love it that everyone over there looks for fuel economy and decent styling and over here it's always SIZE and POWER! HAHAHAHA, but insurance will prolly cost a king's ransom until you get older.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news - well done!
    Polos are nice, but not cheap!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  5. cheers for all the messages It does give me some freedom I know its not cheep to buy
    but its where my birthday money comes in handy
    still laughing at jays comments big and powerful I assume he means the cars over there .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, SUV's outsell damn near everything else, but of course our petrol is only $3.50/gallon where yours is like $8.00/gallon. That would change minds over here about buying something that gives 18 miles per gallon to something that gives 35mpg!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lee,

    Sorry - I was so pleased with your driving test that I didn't take much notice about the rest of your post.

    Glad the works do went well. It's the sort of thing I wouldn't look forward too, but usually turns out better than expected. Of course I know Matlock too LOL.

    Nice to hear about Ben and Mark. Just be thankful Ben goes to a sheep farm. Down here we have mainly pigs, and nice as they are, they can be REALLY smelly!

    Re your Mother's Day post - yes you are lucky to have her, but she is lucky too!

    R

    ReplyDelete

comments are now moderated sorry